We do not collect personal identifiable information from visitors who simply visit and browse the Site. However, should you choose to sign up for a service, place an order, request a download, or make an inquiry using forms or other features on the Site, Brenton may collect the following personal information directly or through our order processing agents:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Address information
- Country of origin
- Organization name, if applicable
- IP address
- Category of user (industry professional, enthusiast, etc.), if you provide such information
- Any answers you provide if you voluntarily choose to participate in customer surveys
- Any additional contact information (such as Skype name, cell phone, fax, etc.) that you voluntarily choose to provide if you interact with Brenton employees, including sales people, production coordinators, and customer service.
In addition, the following technical information may be collected in an anonymized format, not linked directly to your account:
- Browser type and version used to access the Site
- Operating system used to access the Site
- Referrer URL / Previously visited page
Brenton requires the information we gather to generally understand your needs and to provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To customize your experience with the Site according to your interests
- To enable internal record keeping and reporting
- To improve our programs and services
- To periodically send promotional emails about new programs, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting
- To contact you from time to time for market research purposes
Brenton is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We also adhere to the principles of purpose limitation and data minimization. Therefore, we only store your personal data for as long as it is necessary to achieve the purposes mentioned here or as long as the storage periods required by law. After discontinuation of the respective purpose or expiry of these deadlines, the corresponding data will be blocked or deleted in accordance with the statutory provisions. Our legal basis for the deletion or blocking of personal data is Art. 5 (1) b) GDPR and Art. 5 (1) c) GDPR.
You have the right to complain about any improper processing of your personal data (such as collection, storage, modification, transfer, deletion, etc.) by us to the proper authorities.
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), and to request the deletion or restriction of your information. Brenton will respond to requests about these matters within a reasonable timeframe.
- Accessing and updating your information: Should you wish to access or update any of your information, you can contact us through any of the forms on the site, or by email at info@Brenton.com. Likewise, you have the right to contact us and request an electronic file with a copy of your information.
- Opting out of communications: You may opt out of receiving communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, by updating your email preferences within the Site, or by contacting Brenton at info@Brenton.com.
- Accepting or declining cookies: Cookies are small files which can be placed on your computer’s hard drive to allow web Sites to respond to you as an individual. With cookies, web Sites can tailor their operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Within the Site, we use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, then remove the data from our system. The cookies in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Please be aware that if you choose to decline cookies, some or all of the Site may be inaccessible or non-functional.
- Requesting that we forget you: If you no longer want Brenton to continue storing information about you, you may contact us and request that your account be forgotten. When we receive such a request, we will retain your data for 30 days. If you change your mind during this period, you can contact us again to stop the process of being forgotten. If you have not contacted us within 30 days, your account will be permanently forgotten.
Brenton will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. However, we may use the following sales and marketing products for web analytics and social media marketing:
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”), on the Site. Google Analytics uses its own cookies to evaluate site usage, compile site activity reports, and provide other services related to website activity and internet usage on behalf of Brenton. Google is a U.S. company that uses servers in the United States.
- Google AdWords: If you reach the Site via an advertisement sent by Google, Google AdWords sets a cookie on your computer. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If you visit certain pages on the Site and the cookie has not expired, we and Google may recognize that you clicked on the ad and were redirected to this page. Google is a U.S. company that uses servers in the United States.
- HubSpot LiveChat: HubSpot LiveChat is built into the Site to let our users communicate with Brenton employees. HubSpot LiveChat collects access data such as IP address, browser, and operating system type as well as the dial-in location from users of the live chat. In addition, cookies are used to collect further data about user behavior. HubSpot has represented to us that it processes this information solely to improve its own services. HubSpot stores and processes all collected data on servers located in the United States.
- SurveyMonkey: SurveyMonkey lets Brenton create surveys that users of the Site may choose to participate in. We use these surveys to collect user opinions and feedback that helps us improve the Site and our products. Surveys are anonymous but may allow users to submit questions along with their email address. SurveyMonkey attempts to distinguish users by using their IP addresses as identifiers. SurveyMonkey is a U.S. company.
- TypeForm: W e uses TypeForm to create data input forms that allow users to submit technical support cases and other customer service requests. TypeForm is a Barcelona-based online Software as a Service (SaaS) company that specializes in online form building and online surveys.
- WordPress: We use WordPress to power our blogs, which may be accessible through the Application. WordPress may collect the name, email address, and IP address of users who voluntarily choose to comment our blog articles. WordPress is a U.S. company.
- WP Engine: We use WP Engine to securely host our website. WP Engine may collect user data or general analytics, such as the IP address of users who voluntarily choose to use our website. WP Engine is a U.S. company based out of Texas.
Our legal basis for the use of these third-party products is provisions 6 (1) b) and 6 (1) f) of GDPR.